Tuesday 1 November 2011

My First Post!

After much procrastination, here it is, post number one. It seems unreal to me that anyone will be interested in my ramblings, but if you are reading then you are most welcome, and I thank you.

I have spent a long time reading the blogs of others and finding lots of inspiration from so many clever people. I thought it only right that I should offer something back so decided to give you a quick peek at some of my latest creations.



I had seen these and admired them online but hadn't managed to find a decent tutorial. Then Mollie Makes featured them and with not too much swearing, I managed to produce my own.

This was my first attempt


I had bought some felted wool a few weeks previously at a vintage fair without really knowing what I would use it for. After making the pincushions, I was inspired to make these brooches




 After that, I went a little bit brooch crazy, and made these




All of the hand sewing gave me a little rest from the sewing machine, which was needed as we hadn't been getting on all that well for a while. I've just bought some lovely new oilcloth which is waiting to be turned into bags, so hopefully the break will have done us good and normal service will be resumed.

Thanks for stopping by,
Beth x

3 comments:

  1. Hi Beth, welcome to blog land! Love the little pin cushion fruits, xx
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely creations, there was no stopping you was there?! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beth, I just started my blog a few days ago, all very thrilling isn't it. Love your pin cushions.
    Good luck with the blogging. X

    ReplyDelete

I really love to receive comments and will try to reply where possible x