Thursday 10 November 2011

Craft Fair Prep

It's been another busy week in the mapie's nest. Lots of sewing going on. The machine and I are now friends again. I turned some of my new oilcloth into these.


The flowery print on the right is by Clarke and Clarke, I really love their fabrics and so far everything I've made using it has sold pretty quickly. This is another of theirs that I've used before and had to buy again.


I also have this in ordinary fabric and it's just as lovely. This is a little purse I made a while ago.

I also made some more bags using the Ikea prints that have been popular. The fabric bags take a little longer to make because I interface them to make them sturdier and it adds to the cutting and ironing time!



Last week I was very kindly given a big bag of remnants by my neighbour whose friend works making curtains. I love this kind of gift, it reminds me of when I was little and we'd receive a black bag full of clothes from a friend or neighbour and would all go diving in for the spoils.

New stash!


I haven't got plans for it all yet but I did quickly whip up these for the weekend.


This is just a quick visit, still got to price up this lot and make some tweaks to the stall. Will let you know next week how the fair goes.

Thanks for stopping by,
Beth x

2 comments:

  1. Hope you had a good day today at BSFG - sorry I didn't make it over - too busy preparing for mine tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look fab! I love the Clarke and Clarke fabrics too. I've only made things for myself with then so far though as I can't bear to part with such lovely fabrics!

    I can't believe you're doing 3 fairs in one week! Hope you don't get too stressed out.

    ReplyDelete

I really love to receive comments and will try to reply where possible x