Sunday 18 December 2011

Christmas Craft

Hi folks, sorry for the gap in posts but I'm sure you can all appreciate that this is a busy time of year. I've also been having some laptop issues, i.e, I don't actually have my own and the other Magpies are very protective of their toys and are being a bit mean about sharing.

I've been having another break from my sewing machine, but have been doing lots of hand sewing. I made a 'Merry Christmas' decoration as a present, similar to this one that I made last year.


And this is what I came back from work one morning to find. (We've been watching Ice Age films recently, Scrat is a character from them!).


I'm sensing lots more anagrams over the festive period; a quick Google revealed over 5,000 variations!

For Christmas last year we bought Grannie Magpie a copy of the book 'Knitivity' as she is a fantastic knitter. I was really looking forward to seeing this. It has taken months of hard work and we all think the results are amazing!






The dolls are really detailed, with all the pieces knitted separately. I didn't mind undressing baby Jesus but I thought I'd better not undress the adult dolls, you'll have to take my word for it that their clothes come off!


Mr Donkey still needs some wire in his legs.


I don't think I would have the patience to finish the whole scene so hats off to Grannie Magpie for this, it's brilliant!

We're currently enjoying our Christmas visit to the family in the Midlands, then it will be home for some last minute present making and wrapping before getting settled in for the main event.

Thanks for stopping by,
Beth x

2 comments:

  1. I want a knitted nativity scene! If granny magpie feels the need to keep knitting??
    Well done Granny. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there might be a bit of a queue x

    ReplyDelete

I really love to receive comments and will try to reply where possible x